The Scottish Enterprise has created a new grant specifically for the design of new products, services or to aid the improvement of existing ones. With this new grant, funding of up to £5,000 could be unlocked for firms within Scotland.
What is the By Design Grant?
The By Design Grant is a Scottish Enterprise initiative, created to help businesses design new products and services or improve the design of existing ones.
What can the grant be used for?
The grant can be used for a number of different requirements: -
- Website Design - Providing the website is part of the project and the design costs do not exceed 10% of the total eligible project costs.
- Branding - This can be covered by the grant but must be part of a bigger innovation project with other design costs in the application.
Who is eligible?
Scottish Enterprise have laid out a criteria for applying:-
- A small to medium-sized VAT registered business or social enterprise in Scotland looking to use design to develop a new product or service.
- Able to contribute at least 30% of the cost.
- Able to fund the project up-front.
- Able to demonstrate the benefits of the project.
First, you’ll need to confirm you’re eligible for the grant. Then, Scottish Enterprise will send you the full application form with guidance notes to help you complete it.
What can Mucky Puddle do for you?
We have a highly experienced team, skilled in all aspects of web design but also in information technology and programming, allowing us to deliver projects of any scale and complexity, on time and on budget. Whether you need a web design overhaul, a new web build, or a system integration, we put your target user at the heart of your project.
We create designs that perfectly fit your organisation’s requirements. Our graphic design team will work closely with you to craft a brand that stands out from your competition.
We’d love to talk to you about your brand and how we can help you make sure that the right people get to know and love you.